Friday, October 21, 2011

A Vision For A New Paradigm In Health Care

Inanna is the queen of Heaven and Earth and the Goddess of Love from the Sumerian Civilization that existed in 3000 BC in what is now known as Iraq. 


In the first chapter of "Nature's Dirty Needle", I mention that the current health care system is broken, possibly beyond repair. A new health care system is needed. The time is now. It is necessary to address all aspects of an individual * Physical, Emotional, Energetic, Mental, and Spiritual * at the same time. There is not one way to accomplish this. Complexity demands that each individual be considered separately * As An Individual


In the current health care system, there is no place for the millions who are ill with CLD to get help when they are in need of more intensive support and care. No hospital exists that recognizes and treats these infections. For hyper-sensitive people, there is no place they can go to start IV antibiotics and get the needed hydration and IV medicine to control their symptoms while they react to the die-off and toxins. The costs for treating TBDs are staggering and insurance companies refuse to pay for them.


Every person that I have spoken with  who is ill with CLD has mentioned their frustration that there is nowhere for them to go to get help when they are relapsing or herxing.


It is time for a change, a different way. It is time for a new paradigm for true health and healing. Inanna House will offer an oasis of Peace, Health, and Healing.


Over 20 years ago, I was in Mexico on the Pacific coast of Oaxaca, floating in the water late one night, when I had a vision. I do not have visions very often, but this one was like a movie reel playing in my head, showing a place where people could come and receive the care needed to heal. I was aware that my visions was not unique, that many others would have a similar experience because it is so important and the world needs a new paradigm of health that truly serves everyone. For years, I held this vision. When my daughter was lying in the hospital, in agony, being under treated and misdiagnosed, I realized that the time has come to create my vision. It became clear that this population of people with CLD desperately needed a place to go for help. A place where there would be competent care and treatment that would move them forward and help them to heal.


Inanna House will be a residence for debilitated chronically ill individuals, a place to receive supportive therapies in many modalities and to start treatment with IV antibiotics in a safe environment. The program is designed in one week modules, although extended stay beyond one week would be very common. It is a program designed to address all aspects of healing * Physical, Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, and Energetic.


An endowment will be created in which people can invest, so that those who have depleted their resources can get help as well. Inanna House will not be able to use any government or health insurance monies, because then the government would be able to dictate what could be done and what could not. It would unacceptable to limit my vision of what should be possible. The intention is to blend all the best of what health care has to offer, using various modalities in a synergistic way to build and support, cleanse, and detoxify the body so that treatment of TBDs can be maximally effective.


Inanna House will be the first facility of many to model the new paradigm. It is part of the vision that Inanna House be built around the world. Many of these centers are needed as millions are in need of help.

You can read in more detail of my plans and what type of treatments Inanna House will offer in my book 

Click To Buy Nature's Dirty Needle Here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mara : )

    I'm SO excited about your intentions in creating a "Safe Haven" for us CLD sufferers; a place where we can come and receive the proper treatment and support from people who actually CAN relate to us...that would absolutely be spectacular!

    I have to admit, and you mentioned it in your post, but I also have had a similar "vision" about such a healing place for us "Late Stagers" to go.

    I just purchased "Nature's Dirty Needle" and am anxiously awaiting for it in the mail, so I don't know the exact details of what your "Inanna House" will entail, but I hope you don't mind if I share some of the ideas that came to me through my own vision. I HAVE NO idea how someone could pull this off - it would take a LOT of resources, but it IS a pretty dream (and I am a pisces and therefore cannot help it...)

    1) The healing center I envision will not only have a "Net Zero" energy model, but will literally "run" off of Solar Paneling and other sustainable energy outlets to create less overhead in general, and possibly even create extra revenue that can be "put back" into the center to help with funding and patient financial aid.

    2) In my experience, NO ONE understands a Lyme patient better than...another Lyme patient (lol). I would presume that the cost of treatment could be substantially lowered by (as part of this healing community), once a patient has been healed, that they could then "give back" by volunteering their support for a period of no less than 6 months after they have fully healed.

    3) I see this center as having their own "permaculture-like" community where ALL food is Organically grown on the premises.

    4) Besides Traditional Medicine, I also see a LOT of integrative alternative treatments that can be tailored to each patient's individual needs, as well as rooms where healing practices and sessions such as Bikram Yoga, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Reiki, Cranio-sacral therapy, etc can be given. I also see Sea Salt swimming and detoxifying mud pools...

    5) Since 2007 (except for a very brief 3 month "privacy relief") I have not had a healing "space" of my own, and believe that this truly hinders the recovery process. I had to sleep on the living room floor for a year and a half, before I finally moved in with Aunt for three months, and marveled over the joy of having a room...with a door! This is NOT ideal, and believe that every patient should have their own private spaces to heal.

    These are just a few ideas I have come up with thus far, and I sincerely hope you don't mind me posting them...Congratulations with the success on your new book, and I hope that ALL your dreams for Inanna House come to fruition : )

    Warmest Regards,
    Sarah Lamando
    ASliceofLyme.blogspot.com

    PS. I think it's amazing how far you've gone to not only help your daughter, but the Lyme "family" as well. Your daughter is truly blessed for having such an amazingly supportive family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    I knew that when I had this vision I would definitely not be the only one. My vision has been fine tuned through the years because of my experience as a Lyme Literate NP and caring for my very ill daughter.

    I am excited for you to read the book because you will see that we are on the same page! The permaculture and integrative therapies are definitely on my radar, and I Love your idea of Lyme patients giving back once they are able to. I know that with any non-profit foundation you do need volunteers, and who better than people who have been through the pains of Lyme.

    You have great ideas and I am always open to input. I know Inanna House will need to be a created by community. Any other input, or any help you want to offer, is always valuable if we are to succeed. I believe in my being that we will succeed and flourish because a place like this is so needed worldwide in the Lyme community. We will start small, but I know we will grow.

    Thank you very much for your support, and please feel free to contact me anytime :)

    Mara

    ReplyDelete

View My WebSite

Followers